For the first birthday of our daughter, we prepared two cakes, one with white and one with dark mousse. Both of the cakes were eaten by our daughter with great pleasure. Both cakes can be used as a baby birthday cake because they are healthy, sugar-free, cereal-free, and gluten-free.
1. Ingredients for the cake base
- 2 bananas
- 8 dry blue plums or dates or dry apricot, depending on your taste
- 8 spoons buckwheat flour
- 6 spoons coconut oil
Preparation of the basis:
- Blend the bananas with the dry plums (peeled dates).
- Then add the soft coconut oil and the buckwheat flour. I have tried it with coconut flour and it is also delicious but my daughter prefers the buckwheat flour.
- Mix well all ingredients.
- Pour and line the mixture into the container you have selected. Bake in a preheated oven at 180 degrees Celsius for 25 minutes.
- Leave to cool.
2. Ingredients for the cream
- 400 grams of cottage cheese
- 400 grams of full-fat yogurt
- 8 dry blue plums or dry apricots, depending on your taste
- 1 banana
- 3 spoons coconut flour or carob powder, depending on your taste and the color you want. At home, we prefer the coconut flour.
Preparation of the cream
- Mix all cream products to smoothness.
- Pour the cream over the cooled basis.
- Refrigerate for at least a few hours, but it is best to wait for a night.
The third step is the creative one because this is the time to give the cake some of your’s style. You can either choose to decorate different shapes with a spritz or garnish with whatever fruits you prefer. The second is my favorite because it makes the cake even healthier.
Enjoy the cake after it has cooled.
Note that I’m using 8-inch non-stick pan with a removable bottom, you may need to adjust the recipe according to your pan.
Related post: Healthy No Chocolate Mousse Cake – Ideal For Baby Birthday Cake
I hope this recipe will like you and your family. Do you have any comments or suggestions, maybe you tried another healthy baby birthday cake recipe and you want to share it with us? Please share your thoughts and ideas in the comments below.
Leave a Reply